Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chanel Coco EDP review

There are a few things that pop into my head when I think of Chanel perfumes. Those things are aldehydes, jasmine and ylang-ylang. Oriental doesn't really come into the picture when I think of Chanel perfumes. Then came Chanel Coco and I am not talking about Coco Mademoiselle. I'm talking about the Coco that came out in 1984. Chanel no. 5, no. 19 and a few other Chanel perfumes do have a certain way of smelling. They don't smell like they were made in the '80's nor do they smell like they were made in the late '90's but Coco smells like she was created in the 1980's. The '80's was a decade were bigger was better. Calvin Klein's Obsession came out in the '80's as did Poison. Sure, Coco is plush and not the type that will melt every hair in your nose. But dated is dated. Coco has the staying power and sillage that I'm used to with Chanel but Coco needs some tweeking. What I mean by that is, get Coco out of the '80's and really make her timeless. I don't hate or really dislike Coco, I cannot get over how Coco can smell like something in the '80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment