Friday, February 3, 2012

Looking around E-bay

The past couple days, I have been poking around E-bay looking at vintage or new perfumes. I nearly spit out my drink when I saw some of the prices. I expected prices on a lot of vintage perfumes to be up there, especially if it was a vintage is dated in the 1960's. But the prices on some of the current reformulations were outragous. I stumbled across a brand spanking new unopened box of Chanel's Cuir de Russie parfum (not vintage) for $290. For a 6.8 oz EDT bottle of Cuir de Russie, it was almost $300. I understand Chanel perfumes are not exactly cheap but compared to some niche perfumes that I've spent money on, prices on Chanel perfumes are actually quite reasonable in stores and through the Chanel website. I am really thinking that sellers on E-bay are going to the mall, buying 4 or 5 bottles of perfume. Then sell them on E-bay for $20 more and making the buyee pay for shipping on top of it. Most commercial sites offer free shipping when you spend a certian amount.This is one of the reasons that I have never bought anything through E-bay.

When I do see something from E-bay, that is vintage, it is usually out of my price range to begin with or the payment options are not my preferred method of payment. I don't have a PayPal account and I am not willing to set one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment