Saturday, January 14, 2012

Guerlain Mitsouko Perfume Review

For the past two years, I've had a difficult relationship with Mitsouko and chypres in general. One moment, I love Mitsouko and the next I don't. I had gotten a 2.5 ounce bottle in my early days of being a perfume fanatic and didn't know about the Perfumed Court. Mitsouko does serve a purpose in my collection though. It's my invisible armor, it seems to tell others that I'm not one to let others be indecisive. Nope, you make a decision and stick to it, my time is valuable. When I first spray Mitsouko, I get a huge blast of peach, then the jasmine does come out after a few minutes. I did notice a certain bitterness and coldness that lasts from start to finish. The staying power of Mitsouko in the EDP form is phenomenal. Mitsouko lasts at least 12 hours or more on my dry skin. At the end of the day, Mitsouko doesn't really fit my quirks and is not something that I reach for often unless I want to be cold hearted.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about others' experience with Mits. I loved it immediately (mine is 1987 edt). It used to be my go-to, but I've found, over the last couple years, that I need to be in a very certain mood for it. I have to very specifically want to smell like that. And on those rare days, there's nothing like it. But if I try to wear it like I used to, it just bugs me and I inevitably wish I'd have chosen something else.

    By the way, I found your blog through Perfume Posse :) Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete