Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Two Months of "No Buy"

For the past two months, I inadvertently decided to not buy any decants. It hit me around mid-November that Christmas was a month away and I would not have a lot of my own money left over if there was for decants let alone full bottles. So, I neglected getting decants and full bottles of perfume in favor of gifts for my family. When Christmas Day rolled around, it was a pretty good day for me perfume wise. A flanker of Chanel no. 5 Sensual Elixir (haven't tried it out yet) was gifted to me along with some Christmas money that did turn into a bottle of no. 5 Eau Premiere. But I still didn't and have not bought any other decant or perfume.

I'm still obsessed with perfume but I am not finding anything that is really catching my fancy where I must get my hands on a sample or decant. The new Lubin Idole is catching my fancy somewhat because it is in EDP form. But have not decided if I really should get a decant. But in the past couple of months, I kind of did slow down with my perfume buying due to the fact that I a paying more for my cell phone bill. Instead of having a dumb phone, I now have an Android phone and with any smartphone/Android comes a data package. The higher cell phone bill has eaten into my perfume budget. At first I lamented, but now I have learned to embrace a higher cell bill eating up my perfume budget by $30. It has made me realize that I need to use up some smaller decants before I go buying more.

No comments:

Post a Comment