Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue EDP Review

My opinion of Guerlain at first was a perfume house that I didn't get along with. For the longest while, the only perfume from Guerlain that I really enjoyed was Shalimar. Then this past fall, I have finally understood Mitsouko and why she is a classic and I can finally enjoy Mitsouko. So now, I think that I am starting to warm up to Guerlain.

L'Heure Bleue is one of those classics that I kept meaning to try but kept on forgetting because other perfumes were catching my fancy. I think that what kept throwing me off was the anise note. After having to get up pretty early this morning, L'Heure Bleue was the first decant that I reached for is my semi awake state. First blast was what smelled like cloves. If you have ever been around someone who smoked clove cigarettes, or maybe tried them yourself, you have an idea of what they smell like. But I was actually smelling the anise. The anise doesn't come across like somebody bottled black liquorice but it has almost a medicinal element to it. Even after 12 hours, all I am smelling is the anise. Do I like it? Kind of but I'm probably going to need to test it out a few more times for the next few months or so before I can make a final judgement call on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment