Thursday, February 17, 2011

Frapin 1270 and Serge Lutens Daim Blond review

My odyssey with my Frapin 1270 began the day after Thanksgiving. I had ordered my bottle of Frapin 1270 from The Perfume Shoppe. After about a week and a half, I noticed that I had not received my order yet or even an email saying that it was shipped. I did initially figure that with the holidays that it may be taking a little longer than usual especially since they are located in Canada. Then after about two weeks, I received a phone call saying that there was a mix up and that they didn't receive the Frapin in their order and they did have a bottle of it but it was not in a box. I said that was okay and it was shipped to me. I'm probably going to have to think twice before I order anything that is not located in the US due to the fact that I would have to be home to sign for the package. With my wacky work schedule and living in a rural area, it's not practical and kind of a hassle to sign for something.

Now on to the review. It's going to be a side by side review. When I first sprayed Frapin 1270, I thought I grabbed the wrong bottle. Frapin 1270, to me, smells almost identical to Serge Lutens Daim Blond. But Frapin is more candied fruit than Daim Blond. Both contain leather but I can't smell leather in Frapin 1270. Frapin 1270 is a spicy, candied fruit deal. I've never been fond of fruity perfumes but this one works on my skin probably because of the spiciness of it. I did note with the Frapin 1270 that there was a boozie smell to it. It was very prevailent in the beginning but did calm down during the dry down but remained throughout.

Serge Lutens's Daim Blond is very similar but very different. I found it to be very linear on my skin. I had a very prevalent apricot smell with a hint of leather. It has been a while since I have worn it.

I find ultimatly that the Daim Blond is the prim and proper sister to Frapin 1270 were Frapin 1270 is the boozy sister that can never quite seem to sober up. Daim Blond is more for daytime/office. Frapin 1270 is more for a night on the town (not like that will stop me from wearing it to work).

Frapin 1270 has found a permanant place in my rotatation of frequently worn perfumes while Daim Blond is more or less regulated to languish on my dresser top to be passed over. After I finish my Daim Blond, I most likely won't be getting another bottle. After my bottle of Frapin 1270 is finished, I will be getting another bottle even though it is on the pricey side.

No comments:

Post a Comment