Saturday, February 12, 2011

Okay, Amouage, you have created a real monster

I have stumbled on the Amouage perfume line and already bought two of them. I have Epic for women and Dia for women and love them. I will review those later on. But Amouage has really made me a monster. I am trying to decide on which one that I am going to purchase in the next 2 or 3 months. The samples I have (all womens versions) Gold, Lyric, and Jubilation 25. The Gold initialy as a fancier Chanel #5. I have yet to try Gold and Jubilation on skin. I get a lot of rose on my skin with Lyric. Rose more often than not, smells like raw sewage on my skin but with Lyric, it goes on beautifully. Even though I'm still learning how to read notes with my nose, certian notes are distinct to me and rose is one I can smell a mile off. From what I have smelled with Amouage, I smell quality and a company that isn't interested in being trendy. What does get me is that Amouage perfumes are not cheap at all. The cheapest Amouage perfume for women that I have seen is Reflection and a 1.7 ounce bottle is $235. The notes for Reflection do not excite me in any way but the bottle itself is eye catching. I would and do spend money on quality. My bank account is not going to let me head off to Luckyscent.com and buy anything. But I am off to try Gold and Jubilation 25 to make a descision and hopefully see which one of the three that I love the best. I have tried some of Serge Luten's perfumes and Arabie is the only one that I can say that I like/love depending on the day and my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment